Chocolate Chip Ginger Scones
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 6 oz
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 3/4 cup chopped crystalized ginger
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Slice butter thinly. Then combine with flour mixture, using a fork or dough cutter, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in ginger pieces and morsels, then stir in 1 cup heavy cream. Place dough onto floured work surface and press into a 1-inch-thick round disk. Cut disk into 8 wedges; transfer to baking sheet. Brush tops with heavy cream prior to baking.
Bake for 15-17 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Mix powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, ginger and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and whisk together. Drizzle over scones prior to enjoying.