Heavenly Heart-Shaped Pancakes
- Pamper your Valentine with this charming recipe for Heavenly Heart-Shaped Pancakes. Dotted with mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sprinkled with powdered sugar, this fun breakfast treat brings a touch of heaven to kids and adults alike.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more for the griddle and cookie cutters
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
Combine flour, morsels, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and brown sugar in medium bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy).
Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle into the shape of a heart; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn; continue to cook about 1 minute longer or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. (For perfectly shaped pancakes, brush inside of 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters with oil; place on griddle. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the cookie cutters and cook until bubbles begin to burst. Remove cookie cutters. Turn; continue to cook about 1 minute longer or until golden.)
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.