Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake
Makes 12 servings
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 oz (283 g)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 3 baked 8-inch yellow cake layers
- 2 containers (16 ounces each) prepared vanilla frosting
- Optional Decoration: Baked chocolate chip cookies
In a large mixer bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar and salt until smooth and fluffy. Stir in morsels.
Divide the filling in half. Spread one half of the filling onto one cake layer. Place the next cake layer on top of the filling and repeat with remaining filling. Place the last cake layer on top. Let the cake chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Frost cake with vanilla frosting. Use baked chocolate chip cookies as an optional garnish on top of the cake.