Chocolate Chip Cookie Frankensteins
- No Halloween festivity is complete without Frankenstein. This recipe was submitted by Lisa M and was one of the top 10 finalists in the 2010 Toll House Spooktacular Baking Activity Contest. Your guests are sure to love these little monsters.
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels plus additional for “bolts”
- 2 tablespoons or 40 NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Green food coloring
- Chocolate and orange sprinkles
Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease and flour 40 mini-muffin cups. Cut dough into squares. Place one square into each cup.
Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes in pans on wire racks. Run knife around edge of cups; remove cups to wire racks to cool completely.
Melt 2/3 cup mini morsels in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread melted chocolate on top of one cup; top with second cup. Press down slightly. Return to wire rack. Repeat with remaining cups for a total of 20. These are the heads. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set.
Meanwhile cut tails off of 40 white morsels to make eyes. To make pupils, dip toothpick into melted chocolate and make a small dots on bottoms of morsels.
Place a piece of wax paper under wire rack. Combine powdered sugar and water in small bowl. Add food coloring to desired green color. The glaze will be slightly thin, not spreadable like a frosting. Hold each head by seam and dip top cup into glaze. Return to wire rack to allow glaze to drip down over bottom cup. Repeat with others. Additional glaze can be spooned over the tops if needed. While glaze is still wet, sprinkle tops with sprinkles and press down lightly.
Take two morsel eyes and press onto glaze on top cup. For “bolts” use two mini morsels and lightly press onto side of bottom cup, using glaze for glue if needed. While glaze is setting, the eyes may slide; keep an eye on them and put them back! Allow to set.