Brownies & Blondies
Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- Chewy Chocolate Brownies are a welcome snack after a full day at school. Or treat the office to some home baked goodies!
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Microwave sugar, butter and water in a large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 3 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once. Add morsels; stir until melted. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition until well blended. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture; stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.