Cherry Chip and Malted Brownies
- Cherry Chip and Malted Brownies are a twist on the original chewy, fudgy brownie. These tasty treats are chock full of pieces of cherry and a hint of malted milk. Created by Catherine Ebalo of East Moline, Illinois.
- ●2 jars (6 ounces each) maraschino cherries without stems, drained, liquid reserved
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- ●1 jar (12 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® or Ovaltine® Chocolate Malted Milk Powder
- ●3 large eggs, beaten
- ●1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- ●1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 2/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ●1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ●1 teaspoon reserved cherry liquid, plus more if needed
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Coarsely chop maraschino cherries; set aside.
Beat 3/4 cup butter in large mixer bowl on high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add in malted milk; beat until mixture is crumbly. Beat in eggs, 3 tablespoons reserved cherry liquid and almond extract. Beat in flour just until combined. Fold in chopped cherries and morsels. Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Combine 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon reserved cherry liquid in small bowl; stir. Add enough additional reserved cherry liquid to make glazing consistency. Drizzle brownie with cherry glaze. Cut into bars.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.