Brownies & Blondies
Cheesecake Topped Brownies
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 oz (283 g)
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 9-inch-square pan with foil.
Microwave 1 1/4 cups morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Set aside.
Beat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and salt; mix well. Add melted chocolate and 2/3 cup flour; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add remaining 2 eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup morsels. Pour over brownie base.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and top begins to brown lightly near the edges. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Lift brownie from pan with foil; remove foil. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.