Caramel & Sea Salt Topped Molten Dark Chocolate Cakes
- Enjoy these delicious molten cakes with a deep, rich chocolate center. Spoon caramel sauce and coarse sea salt over each cake for a truly elegant dessert.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 OZ (283 g)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce
- Coarse sea salt
Preheat oven to 425° F. Generously butter six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with 2 tablespoons butter. Combine flour and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
Stir remaining 3/4 cup butter and morsels in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat until morsels have melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until thick and pale yellow, about 8 minutes. Fold 1/3 of chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate mixture and flour mixture until well blended. Divide batter evenly among prepared ramekins. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until sides are set and 1-inch centers move slightly when shaken. Remove from oven to wire rack.
To serve, run a thin knife around top edge of cakes to loosen slightly; carefully invert onto serving plates. Lift ramekins off of cakes. Spoon caramel sauce over each cake. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Serve immediately.