Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake
12 to 16 servings
- This velvety Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake is flavored with sour cream, dark rum and butterscotch morsels. A drizzle of butterscotch glaze is the crowning touch.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
NET WT 11 oz (311 g)
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans, plus extra for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 10-inch bundt pan.
Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, rum, butter and melted morsels in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup nuts. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely; transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts.
Microwave remaining morsels and remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons milk in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Pour glaze over cooled cake.