Fudge & Candy
Opens in a new window
72 candies (6 dozen total)
Buckeye Candy is the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate -- a “chocolate lover's” dream come true.…
- ●2 cups creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- ●1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ●3 3/4 cups (16-ounce box) powdered sugar
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Line baking sheets with wax paper.
Beat peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together and is moistened. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.
Melt morsels and shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
Dip peanut butter centers into melted chocolate using a toothpick, leaving a small portion of the center uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate and scrape bottom of candy on side of bowl. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store in covered container in refrigerator.