Blood Orange Chocolate Chip Heart-Shaped Pancakes
- Your family will fall for these heart pancakes from Adrianna Adarme of A Cozy Kitchen. The touch of orange and chocolate morsels adds a twist on a brunch classic.
- ●1 teaspoon finely grated blood orange zest
- ●1/4 cup blood orange juice
- ●2 tablespoons sugar
- ●1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 tablespoon baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ●Pinch of salt
- ●1 cup whole milk
- ●1 large egg
- ●2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 teaspoon unsalted butter, for the pan
Mix together the blood orange zest and sugar in a medium bowl, rubbing the two with your hands. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix.
Measure out the milk in a separate medium bowl. Whisk in the blood orange juice, egg and melted butter.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. The batter should have some small to medium lumps.
Preheat your skillet over medium heat and brush with 1 teaspoon of butter. Lightly spray a heart-shaped ring mold with cooking spray. Place the mold onto the skillet and then using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop the batter into the mold, being sure it’s one even layer. Add 8 to 9 chocolate chips to each pancake, gently pressing them into the pancake.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until small bubbles form on the surface and then gently lift up the mold. Flip the pancake and reduce the heat to medium-low and cook on the opposite sides for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
Transfer the cooked pancakes to a baking sheet and place in a preheated 200° F oven to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet and re-greasing the mold when needed. Serve immediately.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.