Black Bottom Cheesecake
- This cheesecake is sure to be a hit whenever it is presented. Sliced fresh fruit, berries or chocolate curls could also be used as a finishing touch to this rich cheesecake.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cocoa 8 oz
NET WT 8 OZ (226g)
- 1 3/4 cups crushed creme-filled chocolate cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Toss cookie crumbs and butter together in medium bowl. Press onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Microwave white morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their shape, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in melted morsels. Spread over chocolate crust.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack; refrigerate until firm.
Dust cocoa over over cheesecake before serving.