Apple-Scotch Snack Cake
- This luscious Apple-Scotch Snack Cake is an excellent way to bring a meal to a magnificent conclusion. Make sure to save room for dessert.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels
- ●2/3 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- ●6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ●3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- ●2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- ●1 tablespoon baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 1/4 cups milk
- ●6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 1/3 cups peeled and finely chopped apple
- ●1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- ●Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine 2/3 cup oats, 6 tablespoons flour, 4 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons brown sugar in small bowl. With clean fingers, mix until crumbly; set aside.
Combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 cup oats, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine 1 cup brown sugar and eggs with wire whisk. Whisk in 1 1/4 cups milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture all at once; add apples. Stir gently until just combined. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup morsels; crumble topping evenly over morsels.
Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove from oven to wire rack.
Microwave remaining 1/3 cup morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons milk in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Carefully drizzle over hot cake in pan. Cool in pan at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares; serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.