Pies & Tarts
Apple Butterscotch Tart
- Sweet butterscotch, brown sugar and cinnamon give this elegant apple tart a rich aroma and flavor. Perfect served warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
NET WT 11 oz (311 g)
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 5 cups (about 5 medium) peeled and thinly sliced tart green apples
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Line 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with pastry; trim away excess pastry. Arrange apples in pastry shell; sprinkle morsels over apples. Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over filling.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Remove side of tart pan. Serve warm with ice cream.