Pies & Tarts
3-Nut Chocolate Mocha Pie
- This 3-Nut Chocolate Mocha Pie has all the flavors of pecan pie with the delicious addition of rich chocolate, walnuts, macadamia nuts and a hint of coffee liqueur; this 1st Prize winning pie is easy to make and sure to please your family and friends alike. From the kitchen of Joyce Andrews of Blossburg, PA.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 10 oz
NET WT 10 oz (283 g)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua Brand liqueur), divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Whole pecans, walnuts and macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in brown sugar, dark and light corn syrups, butter, 3 tablespoons liqueur and vanilla extract. Stir in walnuts, pecans, macadamias and 1/2 cup morsels. Spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 35 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Place remaining 1 cup morsels and cream in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15- second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons liqueur. Cool to room temperature.
To serve: Pipe rosettes or dollop whipped cream around side of pie. Place alternating whole nuts in centers of rosettes or dollops. Cut pie into slices. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce onto plate in zigzag pattern. Top with slice of pie. Drizzle chocolate sauce in zigzag pattern over top of pie.