Pumpkin-Chocolate Quick Bread
32 servings (2 loaves; 16 slices per loaf)
- Featuring a pumpkin-chocolate center, this moist and flavorful quick bread is perfect for gift giving or an afternoon snack. The added pumpkin gives each slice a delicious dose of essential nutrients, including Vitamin A.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl; stir well.
Whisk together sugar, pumpkin, oil and egg whites in large bowl. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Add 1 1/2 cups pumpkin mixture to melted chocolate; stir to combine. Spoon half of pumpkin mixture into bottom of each prepared pan. Spoon pumpkin-chocolate mixture between pans; top with remaining pumpkin mixture. Smooth down top.
Bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in bread comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.