BestLife™ Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- These BestLife Muffins are packed with fiber and are low in fat, providing a wholesome treat to eat—morning, noon or night! The BestLife Program was created by exercise physiologist Bob Greene, best known as Oprah Winfrey’s personal trainer. TheBestLife.com recipes are designed to provide foods that fit within the BestLife program to help meet weight loss goals.
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●2 cups wheat bran cereal
- ●1/2 cup boiling water
- ●1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1 1/2 cups skim milk
- ●1/4 cup honey
- ●1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ●3 tablespoons canola oil
- ●1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ●1 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1 tablespoon baking soda
- ●1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ●1/8 teaspoon salt
- ●1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350º F. Place rack in the center of the oven. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine bran cereal, water and pumpkin and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey, sugar and oil. Combine egg mixture with bran mixture and stir till smooth.
Mix in flours, baking soda and spices. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Put a scant 1/2 cup of batter into each muffin tin. Sprinkle with walnuts and bake for about 20 minutes till tops are brown and a toothpick tests clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Round out with 2 teaspoons peanut butter spread on the muffin halves, and a cup of nonfat milk, and a few strawberries. Recipe courtesy of thebestlife.com
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.