Zucchini and Corn in Cream
- Take advantage of the vegetables in season! In this Zucchini and Corn in Cream recipe, we show you a tasty way of combining zucchini, corn and tomatoes to create a creamy and colorful side dish.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds (about 5 to 7) zucchini, cut in quarters then sliced to 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Shredded chihuahua or asadero cheese, chopped fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce just comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat.
Cook onion and garlic in remaining tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini; cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes; cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir in corn, salt, pepper and cumin; cook until heated through. Add cream sauce to vegetables; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese and cilantro.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.