Wheely Easy Mac & Cheesy
A fun and easy twist on the always popular macaroni and cheese, this “Wheely” Easy Mac & Cheesy recipe features an added touch of nutritious veggies mixed in velvety cheese sauce.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry wagon wheel or rotelle pasta
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (shelled soybeans)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese blend or other cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding edamame to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, cheese, garlic powder and black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
Add pasta and edamame to cheese sauce; stir until combined. Add tomatoes; stir gently until combined.