Wild Mushroom Quiche
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 refrigerated pie crust dough for 9-inch pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound wild mushrooms (cremini, portobello, oyster and/or shiitake), stems removed, sliced or diced (about 6 cups total)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust dough; crimp edges, if desired.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft.
Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Stir in thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and liquid is evaporated.
Whisk eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in evaporated milk. Stir in mushroom mixture and mozzarella cheese. Pour into pie crust.
Bake at 375° F for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.