Key Lime Mousse with Gingersnap Cookies
- The airy light texture of this mousse is spiked with a splash of tart key lime juice and the sweet crunch of a ginger snap cookie.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest (about 5 key limes), plus extra for garnish
- 8 gingersnap cookies
Sprinkle gelatin over water in small bowl; stir to dissolve. Cool slightly. Pour evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl. Add gelatin and stir. Place bowl in freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl on high until light and fluffy. Add marshmallow cream; beat until light and fluffy; set aside.
Remove chilled evaporated milk from freezer. Beat on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Slowly add powdered sugar and continue beating for 1 minute. Add beaten cream cheese mixture to whipped milk; beat until blended. Stir in lime juice and 2 tablespoons lime zest. Spoon into serving dishes; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle each serving with remaining lime zest, if desired. Insert cookie into each mousse.