Pies & Tarts
Strawberry Mousse Pie
- This adorable Easter-themed fresh strawberry mousse cream pie celebrates spring! Topped with nests of coconut and jelly beans, kids will love to help decorate.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1/2 pound) sliced, fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 (6 ounces) prepared 9-inch shortbread crumb crust
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 24 (about 1/2 cup) jelly beans
Place strawberries, sugar and 1/2 cup evaporated milk in blender or food processor; cover. Puree for 20 seconds or until smooth.
Heat remaining 1 cup evaporated milk in small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatin over milk mixture; stir until completely dissolved. Whisk in strawberry mixture; pour into a medium bowl. Refrigerate uncovered for 20 minutes or until cool to touch. Gently whisk in whipped topping and red food coloring to color desired. Pour mixture into crust.
Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
Dissolve 2 to 4 drops of green food coloring in 1/2 teaspoon water in small, resealable food storage plastic bag. Add coconut. Seal bag and shake evenly to coat coconut. Spoon coconut around edge of pie to form 8 “nests”. Place 3 jelly beans in center of each nest.