Pies & Tarts
Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie
- This Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie recipe features a layer of crisp, crunchy apples topped with creamy pumpkin sprinkled with a crumble topping. It is just what the doctor ordered for those suffering from pumpkin-apple deficiency. Serve with a generous smile and slices of sharp cheddar cheese.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 cups peeled, cored, thinly sliced green apples
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons flour, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl; pour into pie shell.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, melted butter, remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl; pour over apple mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, nuts and remaining 5 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.
Remove pie from oven; sprinkle with crumble topping. Return to oven; bake for 20 minutes or until custard is set. Cool completely on wire rack.