Sage Corn Bread
6 to 8 servings
- Your guests will truly enjoy the wonderful flavors in this Sage Corn Bread recipe. It is quick and easy to make and is great to enjoy with a meal or as a simple treat.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
Sift together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in sage. Whisk evaporated milk, egg and melted butter in small bowl. Slowly pour milk mixture into cornmeal mixture; stir just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 15 minutes. Spread top of the bread with softened butter. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until top is lightly browned and firm to the touch at the center. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.