Quick Blueberry Muffins
Try these Quick Blueberry Muffins made with Carnation® Evaporated Milk when you want to place home baked goodness on the table in a hurry. Replace oil with Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin for a more wholesome twist on a classic.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounces can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil OR 2 tablespoons LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, (ensure frozen blueberries are thawed and drained before using)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
Combine baking mix and 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Beat egg lightly in small bowl; stir in evaporated milk and vegetable oil (or pumpkin). Add evaporated milk mixture to baking mix mixture; stir just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Gently brush tops with orange juice and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar if desired.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 to 4 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.