Pies & Tarts
Roasted Asparagus & Red Pepper Tartlets with Tarragon Brie Sauce
- Rich and full of flavor, this creamy, indulgent sauce enrobes the roasted vegetables and fills the puff pastry tarts, making a beautiful presentation that will surely delight your dinner guests.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells (6)
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 wedge (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven 400º F. Bake pastry shells according to package directions; set aside.
Toss asparagus and red pepper with olive oil in medium bowl. Place on baking sheet with sides.
Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
Combine evaporated milk, flour, tarragon, mustard, salt, and white pepper in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Add Brie and continue to stir until melted. Add lemon juice and roasted vegetables; cook for one more minute, stirring occasionally.
Spoon 1/3 cup mixture into individual shells. Top with pastry rounds. Serve immediately.