Pies & Tarts
Peppermint Snow Pie
- Create a winter wonderland with this festive recipe for a delicious Peppermint Snow white mousse pie. The light and creamy filling is sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy that will melt in your mouth.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups (8 crackers) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup (about 24) coarsely chopped hard peppermint candies, divided
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Combine crumbs and sugar in pie plate. Stir in butter. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Place gelatin in small bowl; stir in water. Let soften for 1 minute.
Heat evaporated milk and softened gelatin in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk until mixture is dissolved and hot. Remove from heat; stir in morsels and peppermint extract until completely melted and smooth. Pour into medium bowl. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cool to touch. Gently whisk in 2 cups whipped topping. Sprinkle 1/4 cup candies over bottom of crust. Pour filling over pie crust.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Spread remaining whipped topping over center of filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup candies. Serve immediately.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.