Pies & Tarts
Opens in a new window
Makes 12 servings
- ●1 cup all-purpose flour
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 teaspoons baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 large egg
- ●2 pounds sliced peaches, fresh or frozen and thawed
- ●1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ●1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ●1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ●1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ●1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
Combine 1 cup flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Stir in evaporated milk and egg. Mix to combine. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine peaches, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon flour.
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat; add peach mixture. Cook 4-5 minutes until bubbly and slightly thickened, stirring as needed.
Place flour mixture on bottom of prepared dish. Pour filling on top of the crust.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until topping rises to top and is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.