Lemon Tea Bread
- The lemon glaze adds an extra hint of sweetness to bake-and-serve bread.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 8- or 9-inch loaf pan.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat 1 cup sugar, oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon peel in small mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture alternately with evaporated milk just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
Combine remaining tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook for about 1 minute.
Remove bread from pan; brush top of bread with glaze. Serve warm or cool completely on wire rack.