Opens in a new window
Makes 12 servings, 1 naan per serving
- ●1 ½ cups Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- ●½ teaspoon dry active yeast
- ●½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ●3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for rolling
- ●1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ●2 tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter, melted
- ●Optional seasonings: garlic powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, sea salt
- ●Any flavor Tribe® Hummus for serving (or any other hummus recipe found on this site)
Heat ½ cup evaporated milk in microwave or on stovetop to 100-110° F.
Combine flour and salt in large mixer bowl. Add yeast mixture and remaining 1 cup evaporated milk. Mix together on low speed using a dough hook for about 5 minutes or until a soft, smooth dough is formed. (Or knead by hand for 10 minutes.)
Divide dough into 12 pieces. Lightly flour work surface and rolling pin; roll out each piece into 7- to 8-inch ovals.
Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until smoking hot. Brush one side of one dough oval with melted ghee; sprinkle with any optional seasonings. Stretch dough out a little and place oiled-side-down on hot skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes or until large bubbles form on top. Flip with a spatula; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted spots appear on bottom and naan puffs up a bit. Place on large plate. Repeat with remaining dough, ghee and seasonings. Serve with hummus.
Can also make into 24 mini naan. Divide into 24 pieces of dough and roll into 4-inch ovals.