Soups & Salads
Baked Potato Soup
- This Baked Potato Soup is a perfect complement to any meal and sure to warm you up on a cold day.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- Cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions (optional)
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk. Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserve potato skin); mash. Add pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil. Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es); add to soup. Heat through. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onions, if desired.