Creamy Mango Mousse
12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- This attractive Creamy Mango Mousse recipe is also known as a “fool” (an old-fashioned English dessert of puréed fruit folded into whipped cream). This heavenly treat keeps you cool on hot summer days. Here, whipped chilled evaporated milk and mangos are blended to refreshing perfection. Top with mint leaves for an extra accent.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 4 to 5 ripe mangos, peeled, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
Place mango pulp, orange and lime juices in a blender container or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add sugar; blend until smooth. Transfer mango mixture to large bowl. Cover; refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until well chilled.
Pour evaporated milk into small mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
Beat evaporated milk on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fold immediately into chilled mango mixture. Spoon into stemmed glasses; top with mint sprigs. Serve immediately.