Double Banana Pudding
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 2 cups chocolate chip banana bread *, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk (Tetra)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 bananas, ripe but firm; cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups whipped cream OR frozen whipped topping
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
Line the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish or a 2-quart glass bowl with half of the cubes of banana bread.
Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg and yolk. Add butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low; bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Let cool slightly.
Pour half of pudding over banana bread in dish. Top with half of bananas. Layer remaining banana bread over bananas. Top with remaining pudding, then remaining bananas. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and optional additional morsels before serving.