Opens in a new window
- A golden cornmeal crust surrounds savory ground beef in a kicky enchilada sauce for a one-dish wonder of a meal. This is perfect for group gatherings or entertaining.
- ●1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- ●1 cup finely chopped onion
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- ●1 cup whole kernel corn
- ●1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- ●2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ●2 1/4 cups yellow corn meal
- ●2 cups water
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- ●1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ●Sliced jalapeños (optional)
Cook beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, corn, olives and 1 teaspoon salt.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine corn meal, water, evaporated milk and remaining teaspoon salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chiles. Reserve 2 cups corn meal mixture; cover with plastic wrap. Spread remaining corn meal mixture on bottom and up sides of prepared baking dish.
Bake for 10 minutes. Cool in dish on wire rack. Spoon beef filling into corn meal crust. Spread reserved corn meal mixture over beef filling.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with jalapeños, if desired.