Leek and Quinoa Breakfast Frittata
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pesto with basil
Bring water and quinoa to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in 7- or 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
Beat eggs in large bowl with a fork. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese and pepper. Stir in leeks and quinoa.
Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to same skillet; swirl to coat bottom and side. Pour in leek mixture.
Bake at 350° F for about 15 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.