Pies & Tarts
Custard Tart with Fresh Berries
- A custard tart with fresh berries will please your family and friends. Sour cream, sweetened condensed milk and orange juice form a sweet-tart base perfect for showing off any kind of berries.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
NET WT 14 oz (397 g)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or sliced strawberries
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in medium bowl; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Combine sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, juice, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Gently pour into crust.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Combine water and cornstarch in small saucepan; stir in preserves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; strain to remove seeds. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle over filling. Arrange berries on top. Cover; refrigerate. Remove side of springform pan before serving.