Soups & Salads
Cucumber & Tomato Greek Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- This colorful medley of vegetables dressed with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce is a great choice as a side dish or as the main meal.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
Place milk, red peppers, lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Place tomatoes, cucumbers and onion in large bowl. Pour 3/4 cup dressing over salad; toss until coated. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Serve with remaining dressing, if desired, or refrigerate for later use.