Soups & Salads
Ham-It-Up White Bean Soup
6 servings (1 cup each)
- Use every last bit of leftover ham in a comfortingly creamy soup seasoned with hearty cannellini beans and other on-hand staples like frozen peas. Make a larger batch and freeze to enjoy bowls of steaming and flavor packed Ham-It-Up White Bean Soup at any moment.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Ground black pepper (optional)
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add ham, beans and peas. Heat through. Season to taste with pepper.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.