Soups & Salads
Roasted Carrot, Ginger and Almond Soup
7 servings, 1 cup each
- This “gluten free” recipe was developed using products either labeled as “gluten-free” or likely to be gluten free based on the ingredients typically listed on the products’ labels. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that any non-Nestlé product in this recipe is gluten free. We recommend reading all product labels thoroughly, checking with the food’s manufacturer for gluten content if the product is not labeled as “gluten free,” and being careful to keep gluten-containing ingredients away from the recipe ingredients and recipe preparation area.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk 11 oz
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 1 small onion) chopped onion
- 4 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 container (11 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk
- Toasted, sliced almonds and/or fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Place carrots and garlic on sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and browned.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onion is golden brown. Add stock and ginger; turn heat to low and simmer until carrots are done roasting.
Add roasted carrots and garlic to stock mixture.
Puree soup in batches using blender, food processor or immersion blender. Blend until soup is smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in almond cooking milk. Cook over low heat until heated through. Serve garnished with almonds and/or cilantro.