Puddings & Flans
Creepy Crawly Rice Pudding
8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- Creepy Crawly Rice Pudding is a fun variation of classic rice pudding. Serve in “spooky” bowls and top with chopped candy bars or creepy confections.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked, medium-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten in small bowl
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fun size candy bars, chopped (optional)
Combine water, rice and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Add evaporated milk, sugar and cinnamon; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until creamy. Stir a small portion of rice mixture into egg; add back to the rice mixture and mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla extract.
Transfer pudding to spooky serving bowl or eight individual bowls. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto the pudding (this will prevent a skin from forming). Serve warm or refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold. Top with chopped candy bars or creepy confections.