Puddings & Flans
Creamy Rice Pudding
- Creamy pudding with tender, sweet dried fruit and just a hint of nutmeg.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries and/or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Place water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in evaporated milk, raisins, sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil. Stir a portion of rice mixture into the eggs. Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
For Coconut Rice Pudding: Substitute ½ cup toasted or untoasted flaked coconut for raisins.