Cranberry Orange Toasted Bread
- Cranberry, orange peel and chopped nuts combine to make this wintertime treat a favorite for gift giving, holiday baskets and just slicing at the kitchen counter. Serve alone or with Orange Cream Cheese Spread.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup OCEAN SPRAY® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, vegetable oil and orange peel in small bowl. Add milk mixture and cranberry sauce to flour mixture; stir until just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Combine cream cheese and orange marmalade; refrigerate.
Slice bread; toast. Top with orange cream cheese spread.