Cheesy Oven Burrito Bake
- Multi-grain tortillas filled with fajita-style vegetables and creamy refried beans, these fiber packed burritos are topped with a cheesy green chile sauce the whole family will love.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large sliced red and/or green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long or medium grain brown rice, heated
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried black beans
- 6 (8-inch) multi-grain or whole-wheat tortillas
- Salsa and guacamole (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Coat large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add peppers, onions and cumin; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, combine 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk, cheese and chilies in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir 3/4 cup of cheese sauce into heated brown rice; reserve remaining cheese sauce.
Combine refried beans and remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk in medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100% power) for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute or until slightly thickened.
Fill tortillas with hot beans, rice and vegetables, dividing equally. Fold sides over filling. Place filled burritos, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese sauce. Cover with foil.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa and guacamole, if desired.