- This easy cornbread recipe will please the whole family! Or, make a southwest version by adding chiles and cheese.
- 1 1/4 cups yellow corn meal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8.5 ounces) creamed corn
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
Combine corn meal, flour, dry milk, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add creamed corn, vegetable oil, water and egg; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.