Pies & Tarts
Candied Walnut-Topped Pumpkin Pie
- This Candied Walnut-Topped Pumpkin Pie gets crunch and flavor from the tasty topping. This is an excellent variation on the classic that will be sure to impress your guests.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Combine walnuts and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in small bowl. Place 3/4 cup of nut-sugar mixture on bottom of pie shell. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour batter over nuts.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Combine butter and remaining nut-sugar mixture; stir until moistened. Sprinkle over cooled pie. Broil about 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Cool before serving.