Banana Nut Bread
- Banana Nut Bread is a great way to start the morning. Save your ripe bananas for this recipe by peeling and storing them in the freezer.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk (Tetra)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans suggested)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8.5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
Mash bananas. Set aside. Leave some small chunks if desired.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Combine melted butter and sugars in a large bowl. Mix until well combined, then stir in the evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
Stir in the mashed bananas. Then gently stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, then stir in the nuts.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until a knife pulls out clean from the center of the loaf.
Cool loaf in pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then remove loaf from pan and continue to cool on rack until room temperature. *Leftover bread will last up to 3 days if wrapped properly or placed in a food storage container.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.