Who's There Meringue Bars
Who's There Meringue Bars features a yummy combination of honey-roasted peanuts and chocolate morsels mixed with a fluffy meringue mixture that will simply delight friends and family alike.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
NET WT 12 oz (340 g)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/2 cup packed SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, divided
Preheat oven to 325º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until crumbly. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and 1/2 cup nuts. Press dough onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until stiff peaks form; spread over dough. Sprinkle with remaining morsels and remaining nuts.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.