Very Merry Cookie Wreath
- Very Merry Cookie Wreath is a fantastic and fun holiday project for kids! This recipe creates a life-sized chocolate chip cookie wreath. Everyone can get involved with decorating by adding frosting, candy and your choice of sweet confections. You’ve never had a center piece that tasted this great!
Refrigerated Cookie Dough
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16.5 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels (such as Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Premier White)
- Assorted round holiday-colored candies
- Decorator sprinkles, candies and sugars
- 20-inch strip of strawberry fruit-flavored snack in 3-foot rolls
Cover 14 x 17-inch piece of cardboard in foil or parchment paper or have large flat platter available.
Prepare cookies following package directions. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Combine frosting and food coloring in small bowl to shade of green desired.
Spread heaping teaspoons of frosting on flat sides of cookies.
Arrange 15 cookies on the prepared cardboard or platter in a 12-inch circle to form outer ring of wreath.
Arrange 12 cookies inside the outer ring of cookies, forming inside ring of wreath. Adhered cookies can be moved to create more space.
Arrange remaining 13 cookies on base ring for a second layer.
Decorate with remaining frosting, morsels, candies, sprinkles and sugars as desired. Attach bow to top of wreath.
Cut four 5-inch strips from fruit snack roll. Peel off paper backing. Cut a small “V” on end of two strips. Form loops with remaining two strips; pinch ends together. Place loops on top of strips. Pinch all together to make bow!