Makes 6 donuts
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ●3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ●1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ●1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ●2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ●1 large egg
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- ●1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ●1 cup powdered sugar
- ●12 decorative eyeball candies
- ●6 thin pretzels, broken in half
- ●6 red gumdrops or large red jellybeans
Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a 6-well donut baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large mixer bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until homogenous. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Alternately add the flour mixture with 1/2 cup evaporated milk in 2 installments. Mix until well combined. Stir in 1/4 cup mini morsels.
Divide batter between the 6 donut wells. Bake donuts for 12-14 minutes until slightly brown on the edges. Remove from oven and cool pan to room temperature on cooling rack. Remove donuts from pan and flip to have the pan side of the donuts facing up.
To make the glaze, place 1/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Remove pan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, followed by 1/3 cup mini morsels. Stir to melt the morsels into the mixture. Stir in powdered sugar and mix until combined. Transfer glaze to wide-mouthed bowl. Dip the pan side of each donut into the glaze. Return donuts to cooling rack, glaze side up. Place 2 eyeball candies on glazed side of each donut. Insert 2 pretzel antlers into each donut above the eyes. Add additional glaze to the center hole of each donut. Place the gumdrop/jelly bean into the centers. Let glaze firm before enjoying.