Peppermint Hot Cocoa Gifting Set
- Give the gift of chocolate with this adorable gifting set. Dipped Peppermint Spoons, Dipped Peppermint Sticks and Rich Peppermint Sipping Cocoa Mix will serve as the perfect gift to make for someone, or keep for yourself, this holiday.
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- ●2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- ●1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- ●1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- ●20 hard peppermint candies, unwrapped and crushed into small pieces, divided
- ●8 peppermint candy sticks or candy canes, unwrapped
Line baking sheet with wax paper.
Microwave 1/2 cup semi-sweet morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Dip the bowl of 8 plastic spoons and one end of 8 unwrapped peppermint candy sticks (or the handle of 8 unwrapped peppermint candy canes) in melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip.
Place 1 tablespoon crushed peppermints in small bowl. Microwave 1/4 cup white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag. Squeeze to drizzle over ends of already dipped spoons. Dip spoons in crushed peppermints; return to baking sheet. Drizzle remaining melted morsels over ends of already dipped candy sticks. Let stand until set. Insert a spoon or a candy stick into 16 cellophane bags and secure with twist ties. Store at room temperature.
Layer remaining 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet morsels, remaining 3/4 cup white morsels and remaining crushed peppermint candies in 3-cup gifting jar or 16-inch disposable plastic pastry bag. Seal jar with lid or tie pastry bag closed with twist tie.
Recipe to attach: Combine entire contents of cocoa mix with one can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk and 1 1/2 cups water in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppermint candy is dissolved and chocolate is melted. Makes 8, 4-ounce servings.
You May Also Like
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.